Page buttons

 photo Homebutton1_zpsbe1baaf1.jpg  photo Aboutbutton1_zps202b67d2.jpg  photo Contactmebutton_zps4f1870f8.jpg  photo Disclosurebutton_zps2c5d5dcf.jpg

Monday 17 March 2014

Apple Cakejacks recipe

Alex Georgie| Flapjack recipe

Alex Georgie| Flapjack recipe 

You may have come to this post wondering what this magical recipe is for. To be quite honest, I invented it and it started from a batch of failed flapjacks. Failed or not however, they are delicious and so quick and easy to make!

Sit down, let me tell you a story... I had the worse sugar craving ever yesterday and decided I would attempt to make flapjacks. I looked up a recipe and I had two of the ingredients: oats and golden syrup.From that point, I decided to wing it. My house mate was hanging around (in hope to get some of the end product no doubt) and was sceptically looking over my shoulder whilst I was mixing the ingredients together. She later told me she thought I'd put too much apple in (thanks Vic!) but never said at the time. This is why they didn't turn into flapjacks. The mixture was far too wet and therefore didn't crisp up.

Anyway, the end result was a gooey, apple cake middle with an oaty top, which is relatively healthy seeing as it only has three ingredients! Let me know if you try it! They are delicious I promise!

Ingredients:

  1. Oats
  2. Stewed Apple (my nana had pre-stewed the apple for me (bless her!) If you don't have a handy nana like me, just cut up some cooking apples and add a small bit of water, sugar and cinnamon (optional) to a pan and heat slowly until soft) 
  3. Golden Syrup

(I haven't put measurements as I obviously did it by eye but you can mix up more as you go, if you want more mixture. Just go with your instincts!)

Method:

  1. Mix ingredients together in large mixing bowl until all the oats are covered in the apple
  2. Place in a baking tray and press the oats into the pan (greasing optional; I forgot and my apple cakejacks still popped right off the tray easily)
  3. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 200 degrees until golden brown and crisp on top
 photo Signature2_zps034d2f77.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing your opinion so I'll try to get back you as soon as possible. Make sure to check back for a reply! Alex xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...